So my at home productivity was fairly crappy. Oh sure, I could get a load of laundry going, and we even got the living room completely unpacked and re-arranged, but I was nowhere near 100%. But by Thursday I was feeling better and I decided to go to bed early so I could wake up well rested and get started on catching up.
On Friday I woke up with the Mother of All Colds. The one that almost makes you cry. Or does make you cry but you don't really want to tell anyone that you cried. I had zero energy and I'm pretty sure that while I was sleeping aliens came and put a bowling ball sized probe inside of my head. I hung out with the kids on the couch all day, trying to justify my laziness by calling it snuggling.
My husband called when he got off work to see if he needed anything, which was a good thing because I had just been wondering if there were enough diced onions and leftover spam in the refrigerator to make up something for dinner. I'm not sure if it was the cold, the cold meds, or the alien probe that made me think spam and diced onions would make for a decent dinner; Mr. Sullivan brought pizza instead.
Most of my weekend went along the same lines. I had to split grocery shopping into two days because I felt like poopy and just couldn't get it done. I showed up for Halloween parties and handed out Halloween candy and crashed into bed each night.
Now that I feel human again, here's what I'm finding out happens when Mama gets sick:
- Someone runs out of underpants
- Someone runs out of actual pants
- The laundry pile has its own zip code
- My kitchen may qualify for Superfund money
- The new puppy has grown several inches, and still isn't house trained
- While Mr. Sullivan will never complain if I feed him food out of a box, he's really thankful when I finally cook real food again
- The living room looks like the Island of Misfit Toys
- None of the beds have sheets on them
- We're out of firewood
Guess I know what I'll be doing the rest of the week!